"Tailor" Sewing machine - possible scam? Any help?

Closed Thread

Old 11-05-06, 08:03 AM
"Tailor" Sewing machine - possible scam? Any help?

Hi gang...well, long story short, about 2 1/2 years ago we bought a "Tailor Professional" Model 834 sewing machine at one of those (found out lately) "1 Day Only School Overstock" sales in a hotel room. The machine hasn't been trouble, but now my wife wants to do some fancy stitching on it and we lost the user manual. A search for that mfg and model turned up nothing, but I ran across a site that reports these guys may be scams, selling re-branded or remanufactured Singers or some other brand. There are no other distinguishing marks on the machine other than "Model 935FA" on the bottom of the unit, and it's made in Poland. Does anyone know anything about this manufacturer, or have any recommendations on what we can do to find a user manual.

Note the machine is not broken, nor do we have any complaints about it, we just want to know how to use it!

Sponsored Links
Old 11-08-06, 04:14 PM
I tried searching and the only thing I found was the exact same model (used) on ebay and it comes w/the manual. Maybe you can ask the seller for a copy or something?

Old 11-12-06, 10:23 AM
jff
Tailor sewing machines website

They appear to be at http://www.tailorsewingmachine.com

Pretty sparse site... but there is a form to send them a message: http://www.tailorsewingmachine.com/3.4.8/xcart/customer/help.php?section=contactus&mode=update

Old 09-10-07, 09:03 PM
Tailor 935

TAILOR SEWING MACHINE COMPANY DOES HAVE A CUSTOMER SERVICE.
CALL 1-800-486-8343 FOR A MANUAL OR ANY OTHER CUSTOMER RELATED QUESTIONS.

Hope this works for you.

Jlsplawn

Last edited by twelvepole; 09-12-07 at 12:27 PM. Reason: Typing in all caps is the equivalent to yelling per cyber etiquette.
Old 04-25-09, 09:14 PM
Smile Taylor Sewing Machine

I bought one of the Taylor Sewing Machines at one of the school overstock sales and just love the machine.

Last edited by Shadeladie; 04-26-09 at 08:18 AM. Reason: Soliciting not allowed
Old 12-14-09, 09:24 AM
Smile Tailor Sewing Machine Manual Model 935FA

I have a manual for the Tailor machine (Model 935FA) and like you guys we obtain it the same way. If you would like a copy of the manual and have not found it already, you can email me at ************

Put in the subject as in "Title" above and I will gladly send you a copy with a pdf. format.

Kay

Last edited by Shadeladie; 12-14-09 at 06:26 PM. Reason: Email not allowed and removed for your safety.
Old 02-14-10, 11:06 AM
Tailor sewing machine manual .pdf

Kaykay,
Can you post this .pdf on the forum for me ( and everyone else)?

Old 02-25-10, 09:55 AM
Unhappy User Manuel

I also purchased a sewing machine from a hotel showing for a 1day sale and have to say the machine is top quality. That was about 8+ years ago. The machine was used by many people for the first 3 years and the user manuel is now lost. My daughtor now wants to learn how to use it. Is there any way of getting a user manuel? No one is answering the number that was posted above. The Tailor Professional Model 834, Catalog No. 935FA is possibly a Singer Sewing Machine Co. part number and the only way to find out is to but a book for $ 15.00 on line and it may not work the maching. I have been on line for about 6 man hours looking at every picture from every company and still find no free manuels. Please help

Old 02-25-10, 10:51 AM
Super Moderator
Hi and welcome to the forum! I'm afraid this is not a high quality machine. This guy from NJ, named Tailor, went overseas, bought a ton of cheap machines, brought them back here and named them "Tailor", then sold them at hotels, claiming they were $600 machines that a school bought and then canceled the order. Since then, other people have been pulling the same scam.
Unfortunately, you won't find any manuals for it and I would suggest buying your daughter another machine.
There are a lot of old metal machines around that are really high quality. I can recommend several or go to a dealer and buy from them.

Old 08-19-10, 10:19 PM
Originally Posted by kaykay View Post
I have a manual for the Tailor machine (Model 935FA) and like you guys we obtain it the same way. If you would like a copy of the manual and have not found it already, you can email me at ************

Put in the subject as in "Title" above and I will gladly send you a copy with a pdf. format.

Kay
Hi kaykay!

I would be so very appreciative to be able to download and print that manual for our parish's community of Franciscan Sisters Minor.

A "Tailor Sewing Machine Manual Model 935FA" was donated to them by a kind soul in one of their earlier parishes. They were given a few attachments, but they did not receive the manual. The sister currently working with the machine is very new to sewing. She would feel more comfortable with a manual for guidance.

I tried calling the company in NJ to no avail.

Thanks so very much for any help you can provide!

Best regards...

Old 08-20-10, 01:05 PM
Group Moderator
I'm afraid KAYKAY was a one-time visitor as she hasn't been back since her post on 12-14-09.

Old 02-26-11, 07:15 AM
Possibly look for a Singer Model 834

You have to go through a lot of posts and spam sites that lists "Looking for Tailor Sewing Machine" but I finally found a site that has a manual for sale for a Singer 834 Stylist, and it looks almost identical to the "Tailor" sewing machine. I found a Singer being sold on e-bay with great pictures and there are a few variances in 1 or 2 of the dials, but altogether it looks like the same machine. So therefore I would go to get that manual.

My mother-in-law, who gave us the machine, is still looking for the manual. She keeps saying she has it somewhere. If she ever finds it, or I eventually get one I'll post it.

This website is selling them for $9 each.
Singer 834 Stylist Instruction Manual

The singer website has it for $15 but there are only 4 left, so if you do get one please share.
SINGER® SEWING CO. | Manuals

BTW, as of currently these websites are working, if they no longer work or send you to a page without the ability to purchase the manuals, please let me know.

Old 03-09-11, 12:36 AM
Model 834

I also love this machine. Tailor Professional Model 834. Mine was given to ma and works wondeerful. I need a manual for mine as well. Also looking for bobbins. Not just any bobbin works. Anyone know where I can buy the bobbins?

Old 03-09-11, 08:06 AM
Super Moderator
There's only basically 3 types of bobbins. One is the large industrial, and the other two are either the type that drop in flat from the top, or the type that goes into a bobbin case. What does this machine use? You can buy bobbins from tons of sources, including Ebay.

Old 05-25-11, 07:19 PM
Originally Posted by Shadeladie View Post
Hi and welcome to the forum! I'm afraid this is not a high quality machine. This guy from NJ, named Tailor, went overseas, bought a ton of cheap machines, brought them back here and named them "Tailor", then sold them at hotels, claiming they were $600 machines that a school bought and then canceled the order. Since then, other people have been pulling the same scam.
Unfortunately, you won't find any manuals for it and I would suggest buying your daughter another machine.
There are a lot of old metal machines around that are really high quality. I can recommend several or go to a dealer and buy from them.
Funny, I've had my "scam" for over 15 years and it's been a great machine. Very high quality IMHO; haven't had any problems with it and it sews like a top. Heavy-duty, too and will last me a 100 years, probably. I wish all scammers would sell stuff like this, then we wouldn't have to pay hundreds of dollars more for a plastic name-brand piece of junk, ha!

TM

FYI, I found something that might be useful for those looking for the manual. It appears the company is located in Hazlet, NJ, and others reviewing the mahines under the company info say that they've contacted the company by phone and gotten a good response fm them...and most of the reviewers love their machines:

Tailor Sewing Machine Company
2889 State Route 35
Hazlet, NJ 07730
Phone : (732) 739-9595
Product & Services:
Consumer Electronic Equipment & Supplies
Household Appliances
Sewing Machines Wholesale
Sewing Machines-Manufacturers

Tailor Sewing Machine Co
25 Church St, Keyport, NJ 07735, (732) 739-9595

Scam? The company is ran by 2 guys, prob brothers. They have a Polish name, just FYI.

Last edited by titianmom; 05-25-11 at 08:23 PM. Reason: new info
Old 05-26-11, 10:22 AM
Super Moderator
I'm thrilled to hear you love your machine and good luck with it lasting 100 years.
What I said about them comes from a reliable source and I'm standing by what I say.
If you think they're a manufacturing company that produces sewing machines, you're mistaken. They do exactly what I stated above. Doubt if anyone would actually get thru to them and get a manual.

Old 05-26-11, 06:18 PM
I have tried and tried/called and called that "working" phone number for 2 years...no one ever answered, and I have never received a response to letters sent...

I have found bobbins that work well for me at Joanne Fabrics...singer sure fit bobbins...and boy did I stock up.

Last edited by the_tow_guy; 05-26-11 at 06:20 PM. Reason: Removed solicitation
Old 05-26-11, 06:22 PM
Group Moderator
Moderator's note: I removed content from your post that is not allowed in the forums. Besides which, it's probably copyrighted material.

This thread has about run its course and is closed.

Closed Thread

Search this Thread