trying to thread sewing machine

Old 02-13-07, 12:24 PM
Angry trying to thread sewing machine

please help i think i got the sewing machine threaded correctly,but for some reason i think the bobbin is wrong because eveytime i go to sew it gets all jammed up and its underneth wear the bobbin is can someone help and give me a web site to go to

Sponsored Links
Old 02-13-07, 01:30 PM
Super Moderator
Hi. It would help to know what machine you're using, is it old or new, did it sew OK before and it just started or is this the first time you're using this machine. Anyway, on some machines you need to pull the bobbin thread up manually, then pull a few inches of thread out to the back, just to get it started. It sounds like you may just be putting the bobbin in, then sewing or you're not leaving enough thread out, and so it's being pulled back into the bobbin. Also make sure you have the correct needle in and that's it's inserted correctly.
Here's a site with a threading diagram (don't know if your machine is listed), if you need it:
http://www.sewusa.com/Sewing_Machine_Threading_Diagrams.htm

Old 02-13-07, 05:18 PM
Red face the machine type would probly help

i left out alot i guess earlier when i asked for help about threading my sewing machine ,i have a old sears kenmore model 15817600,i tryed to get a owners manual from there website but i couldnt find one and im trying so hard to learn how to sew but i just cant get it from getting tangled up underneth whear the bobbin is,but thank you for your help

Old 02-13-07, 06:13 PM
Super Moderator
OK, tangled thread on the bottom is actually because the thread on top is not threaded correctly. Try rethreading from scratch and it would be helpful to have a manual. Is it a 17600 or 1760? They do have a manual for the 158.1760 plus the threading diagram. Does this look like your machine?:
http://www.sewusa.com/Threading_Diagrams/Threading_Pages/Kenmore_Sewing_Machine_Threading/kenmore_1760_threading_diagram.htm

Also make sure you oil your machine and use good thread. Don't use the cheap bargin threads. Get back to me if this doesn't help. Hang in there. Once you get over the learning part and figure out how to use your machine right, it gets a lot easier.