An old bra problem

Old 08-02-07, 07:33 AM
An old bra problem

Hey all, I was wondering if anyone had a creative solution to making use of old bras. My daughters grown out of all her old ones and between me and her, we have a box full of the stuff in the attic. Most of them are in good condition, some even quite pretty. So, any ideas?

Lalin.

Sponsored Links
Old 08-02-07, 09:11 AM
May sound silly, but depending on the fabric and patterns, you can make a quilt of of them, use pieces of them to repair old jeans or any other type of clothes, make a cami out of it, a handbag/purse, or a sachet. Or...

Give them away to charity or put them up for sale. Not sure if people buy them used though.

BTW: Welcome to the DoItYourself.com forums Lalin

Old 08-03-07, 08:02 PM
Smile Suggestions...

Try making bra shoes like Joanne Lumley did in that show. Or better yet, there's a place that lists things you can make with a bra- from weird looking evening gowns to really cute puppets. Check it out here- http:xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Hope that helps!

Last edited by GregH; 08-04-07 at 09:58 AM. Reason: Remove link
Old 08-04-07, 05:18 AM
Smile cool!

DIYaddict- Thanks for the welcome! I was thinking along the same lines too..maybe a purse or a cami. Would have to experiment with that.

Cindyfine- Thanks! I checked it out and found some of the ideas were quite practical and cute! I smell a mother-daughter project in the air.

Search this Thread