Sewing/Embroidering Machines

Old 12-11-07, 11:23 AM
Sewing/Embroidering Machines

I would like to get my wife an Embroidery machine for Christmas. I think she would like one that would allow her to load new designs and possibly edit the designs. Also one that would have a fairly large work area (hoop?).

Can anybody give some recomendations?
I've looked at Brands like Pfaff, Brother, and Singer. What would be the advantages of one over the other?

Sponsored Links
Old 12-11-07, 05:47 PM
Super Moderator
Hi there! I don't embroider so can't recommend a specific machine, but I know brands. I would NOT buy or recommend the new Singer's. The older Brother's were good but not sure about the new ones, unless they're industrial's, but don't think I'd recommend that either. Even though Pfaff's are now owned by Viking, you can't ever go wrong with a Pfaff (my favorite) if you can afford it. Viking, Bernina's and the Babylock are all good also.
If you have one of these dealers near you, I would go there and they can help you pick out a model. Don't buy one from the discount stores.
Oh, and go to this link which is great for sewing machine reviews and may help you decide:

PatternReview

Old 12-12-07, 04:01 AM
Thank you,
The site you pointed me too, seems to have exactly the kind of information I have been looking for. It seems very informative.

Search this Thread