i need advice

Old 11-13-11, 09:22 PM
i need advice

ok so i bought a used sewing machine and i was sewing with it just fine then all of a sudden the top thread is not grabbing the thread from the bobbin and i dont know how to fix it info please and thank you

Sponsored Links
Old 11-14-11, 02:40 AM
Try to remove the bobbin, check if there is enough thread there,then put bobbin back in its place & try...

Old 11-14-11, 04:39 AM
Group Moderator
Also make sure the bobbin and bobbin case are installed properly. I have one machine that is easy to install it wrong.

Old 11-14-11, 08:30 AM
i need advice

ok i tried all of that but it still doesnt work it wont grab the bobbin string at all i dont know maybe they are missing eachother or something do a sewing machine have some sort of timing thing? if so how would i go about checking it? any other seggestion? it would be greatly appreciated

Old 11-14-11, 09:54 AM
Super Moderator
Hi and welcome to the forum!
Try putting in a new needle and make sure it's in correctly. Then, rethread the top thread. Now try again.
If this doesn't help, post back.

Old 11-15-11, 10:08 PM
i did try that nothing worked i am starting to get frustrated with it and feel like chucking it out my front door its drivg me insane i have changedneedles ive tried changing the bobbin and the holder i have oiled it and rethreaded it several times i just dont understand it was working great and then all of the sudden right in the middle of sewing it wouldnt grab the bobbin string anymore it will make the loop to get the bobbin string but wont bring it up with it i have eveen tried manually bringing the string up myself but it just goes right back down

Old 11-16-11, 04:55 AM
Group Moderator
Remove or open the cover over the bobbin area. Then slowly, manually turn the machine through it's cycle. Basically look to make sure that everything is moving that should. As the needle nears the bottom of it's stroke you should see the shuttle hook (the thing that rotates around the bobbing to catch the top thread) turning around the bobbin and pass near the top. The needle should complete it's up/down stroke without hitting anything, especially the shuttle hook. Also, while you have to cover on the bobbin compartment open carefully look around in there to make sure there is not a wad of thread jamming things up.

Old 11-16-11, 07:43 AM
Super Moderator
What machine do you have?