How to make your own shoe sewing machine

Old 09-03-15, 08:12 AM
How to make your own shoe sewing machine

Hi there all DIY fans.

I'm tired of badly designed shoes that doesn't fit my feet or my back, and so I'm about to start making my own shoes, but there is a problem getting a machine that can do this - without me having to sell all i have to afford it.

I've searched of coarse on the net, but no luck so far.

And as the title says, do anyone know how I could make my own machine? Maybe with some parts from another machine?

I guess that it's not hard to make one, but since I don't have any idea where to start it's a bit out there for the moment.

All help would be appreciated.

Or maybe someone knows where i can get a cheap one?

Sponsored Links
Old 09-03-15, 08:20 AM
It has been decades since I was in a shoe repair shop but the one thing I remember is that the machines were all old, even back then. I also used to put tire patches (the kind that had a pan of flammable material to vulcanize the patch to the sole) on my shoes when I would wear a hole in the sole but I never thought about making my own shoes from raw materials.

Good luck on your endeavor.

Old 09-03-15, 12:09 PM
Group Moderator
Have you tried a site like FINN.no - Mulighetenes marked ?

The site I left the link to is similar to our eBay but for our friend in Norway.

Last edited by PJmax; 09-03-15 at 12:40 PM. Reason: clarified link
Old 09-04-15, 12:33 AM
Oh yes, I've been looking at all sites i could find also finn.no here in Norway.

The only machine I've found that was in an affordable price, was actually on finn, but the problem is that the machine is to old and there are no manuals for it and no one that know how it works.. The seller didn't know how to use it either, nor the name of the thing.

So far, I'm buying new shoes and then I go at them with grinders and such to remove the outsoles, and then I make new outsoles that are flat, and also that are in the shape of my feet.

That has made the shoes dramatically better, I've increased my time spent in the shoes without getting blisters and chafings from about 30 minutes to about 3 hours with the same shoe. But since the shoes in the first place don't fit properly, there is much to gain with sewing the whole thing from buttom up.

So I'm crossing my fingers