gaps between panels


Old 07-27-02, 12:28 PM
Visiting Guest
Posts: n/a
gaps between panels

I am in the middle of laying hardwood floors. They are floating engineered wood (T&G). My problem is there are a couple of boards (at the butt seams) that have not fully closed. I've tried my best to close them but was unable to. My question is for those couple of boards can I use a wood filler to make the gaps less noticeable? If so, because the cracks are thin is the best way to apply it squeezing it in the gap with my finger? Lastly, can I then dab on a verithane stain to match my pre-finished floors?
Sponsored Links
Old 07-27-02, 02:13 PM
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: Ellijay, Georgia
Posts: 268
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts

Can you find a matching filler? Most manufacturers make their own for this purpose. Oh, now I see what you are saying, don't use an oil based filler for this!! Using such will leave a residue in the area if not cleaned up proper. Look for a latex type filler. You can probably find some good matches at any hardware store or the bog box giants.
Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off

Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Ask a Question
Question Title:
Your question will be posted in: