Wood Floor Install Questions--HELP!

Old 09-02-02, 04:41 AM
adelinamz
Visiting Guest
Unhappy Wood Floor Install Questions--HELP!

Weíve had our bamboo flooring (Koa) in now for a couple of weeks and Iím afraid we may have chosen the wrong installer, despite my having checked references. I have three main concerns at this point. . . .

Iíve noticed some gaps have developed between boards, both horizontally (lengthwise) and end-to-end. One gap is rather large (an end gap between the last board against a wall and the next one) It must be at least 1/8Ē! What can be done about this? In the case of this largest gap, since itís the last one by the wall it seems it would be simply a matter of replacing that board. But what of the restóof which there are many? Wouldnít that require taking up and replacing entire sections?

Also, what is customary practice regarding scratches and dents caused by installers during the installation (occurring, I imagine, as furniture was being moved around). The installer said that a certain number of scratches is unavoidable and therefore we just have to live with them. Is this whatís normally done or does the installer replace the affected boards?

Also, thereís movement in some of the boards as you place weight on them, or in one case, as my son jumps up and down on his bed. (Yes, Iíve told him NOT to do that!) Is this the way it should be?? amz

Sponsored Links
Old 09-02-02, 01:48 PM
H
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Adelina:

You have mail and a response at the floorboards.com hardwood flooring forum.

Ken Fisher