Attaching oak threshold

Old 09-03-02, 11:40 AM
tbano
Visiting Guest
Attaching oak threshold

Quick question on attaching an oak threshold between a nailed down hardwood floor and ceramic tile. I would prefer not to nail or screw down the threshold and am wondering what type of adhesive would be best. I would be attaching the oak threshold to the oak flooring. I don't want nail holes for ease of finishing and installation. Is there a liquid nails type product that would hold it effectively. The area that I have to attach it is about 1.5" by 30". I'd prefer not to glue it down to the ceramic tile.

Sponsored Links
Old 09-04-02, 11:26 AM
A
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
I asked about this earlier and one of the moderators told me to use the liquid nail product as you say.

I originally glued my threshold but it loosened after a while. I think this is primarily due to the fact that the subfloor plywood was contaminated with thinset. I ended up driller countersunk holes and screwing down the threshold then plugging the holes. Of course to do this I had to sand off the pre-finish and then re-finish it myself.

The countersink/plug cutters bits are made by Fuller in case you are interested.