Kahrs Ash Cambridge

Old 09-05-02, 04:42 PM
LindaS
Visiting Guest
Kahrs Ash Cambridge

Hello.

I am considering having Kahrs Ash Cambridge installed in my home (glue down over concrete). Anyone ever installed this particular style (and have pictures) or have anything good or bad to say about Kahrs in general?

Thanks!

Linda

[email protected]

Sponsored Links
Old 09-06-02, 03:04 AM
H
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Linda:

I've only dealt with Kahrs a few times as the distrubution is very poor here in Florida. Furthermore it's been at least five years. Harris-Tarkett on the other hand, is the leading longstrip type hardwood floor that's sold. One word of warning or caution if the milling is similar to that of Tarkett...

Most of these longstrip types are milled extremely tight and can be downright horrible to gluedown. The reason for this is the material isn't flexible enough to work with when glueing direct to any subfloors. Difficult to describe but just last week I did a rescue call for www.ifloor.com in Tampa for some folks that had three installers that could not get the installation together.

I explained the reason for the difficulty and they opted to have the floor floated and were very pleased with the outcome. Long story short..expect a much longer installation time if glued direct, and I hope for your sake the installers know what they're getting involved in.

Ken Fisher

floridawoodfloors.net

Old 09-06-02, 08:12 AM
LindaS
Visiting Guest
Thank you for your help Ken. I am hoping to do a glue down instead of a floating.

I am also considering a Lauzon product. Does that go down easier/better?

Linda

Old 09-06-02, 02:15 PM
H
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Linda:

Lauzon?

Engineered. Absolutely! It's one of the best installer friendly products I have dealt with. And the final outcome cannot be touched by it's competition in my opinion.