hardwood floor refinish???

Old 09-12-02, 06:21 AM
karenmac
Visiting Guest
Question hardwood floor refinish???

We just ripped up the carpet in a bedroom and discovered that the middle of the wood floor had some very noticeable dark stains in the wood. I'm wondering what will need to be done on the floors to get them to look good, refinish entire floor? ALso, what is the approximate cost and time to do this project yourself? Also, how do I make sure the wood is close to the same color as the hallway?

Thanks

Old 09-17-02, 01:58 PM
marcthornton
Visiting Guest
Hello Karen,

As one who does floors i can give this little bit of advice.

Refinishing a floor yourself is not a hard task. I have been asked many times to fix and/or refinish floors for clients and with a little advice i have just showed them how and saved them the expence.

some stains are easy to mevoe depending on type and penetration. If these are primarily surface stains then a sander can usually remove them. If it were me (remember i have not seen the floor) i would redo the whole floor. This will give a consistant look when restaining.

If you have a digital camera, please send me a picture and i will give you some advice on ways to resolve the problem and blend the floors.

Best of luck.

Marc

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: