Squeaks on floating floor

Old 09-29-02, 09:58 PM
mik_mik
Visiting Guest
Squeaks on floating floor

It sounds like one of those “I told you so” except it was me who was telling myself
that floating floor is going to squeak. It’s not horrible but it sure does squeak!. I have religiously glued all joints, used 3 in 1 underlayment and even have vinyl floor under that one (was planning on glued application but became too lazy).
So now finally big question: What have I done wrong? I tried avoiding glue on the bottom part of the joint so it does not get glued to the underlayment. Was I wrong there?
Or just need to go back and reevaluate my glue down application again? It’s just that floor I am installing is not the greatest and I am afraid that if and when I’ll need to take it down and replace it, it’s not going to be pretty…..

Thanks a lot

Old 09-30-02, 07:23 PM
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
The only reason for it to squeak is if the subfloor is not within the manufacturers specifications for "FLAT" Which seam unrealistic sometimes. (1/8" in 6,8 or 10 feet)

Movement causes squeaks.

Old 09-30-02, 07:38 PM
mik_mik
Visiting Guest
thanks

Thanks,

it's not realistick and i think is a way to void the waranty....

Old 09-30-02, 08:00 PM
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
It just seems unrealistic! Most DIY's don't have the proper tools to make it realistic.

There is a tool called the Lazer Square. Which will tell you what needs to come up and what needs to go down. This is the difference in a professional job. Did I tell you the Lazer Square is $800 + accessories.

Did you acclimate for the specified duration, also checking the moisture content of the wood before installation, with your moisture meter? Was it within specifications? Did you price a moisture meter and pass on that step?

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: