My Install Project

Old 09-30-02, 07:12 AM
rvitek
Visiting Guest
My Install Project

Just thought I'd share the progress of my unfinished hardwood install project.

Includes installing stairs / hallway.

http://www.explorerforum.com/forums/...threadid=59450

Old 09-30-02, 08:48 AM
A
Upvotes: 0
Received 1 Upvote on 1 Post
Awesome!

So have you ever used a sanding machine before?

I'm planning on doing an unfinished installation but I'm concerned about the sanding machine. There was a guy on the web that had terrible ridging where he turned the machine around. Thing is this is hard to see until you finish the floor.

I thought about perhaps marking the wall/floor at the turn around point to avoid too much crossover.

What are your thoughts on this?

Old 09-30-02, 10:19 AM
rvitek
Visiting Guest
Thanks Alex!

I have, and it's a bit tricky at first, but once you get the hang of it - it's pretty good.

For this floor, I'm going to use the type of sanding machine that's like a handheld random orbit buffer/sander, but much bigger for your floors. It uses screens and as usual, you start with the most coarse, and work your way up. When it comes to the edges / corners, etc, I have a hand held random orbit, and one of those Porter Cable detail sanders that I'll use.

As for the ridging, you should be able to feel it. Anything that you can feel will show up. If you get down on the floor and look eye-level with a light reflecting off it, you'll be able to see everything.

Just go real slow, and take your time. It'll come out perfect!

Let me know if you have other questions - that site'll be updated as the project progresses.

Ry.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: