Water damage

Old 10-05-02, 11:55 PM
piljak
Visiting Guest
Water damage

I discovered this morning some water stains on my pre-engineered maple hardwood floor . It was close to kitchen so I took of the raiser and sure enough subfloor foam was wet.
I still have to discover how the water got there , (I am suspecting building carpert washing guys couple of weeks ago and that water might have seeped from under entrance door into this slightly eneven and lower area).

How long does it take for moisture to show up on top of the floor?

I would like to know how to get this fixed by myself.

As I write this my hair dryer is stuck under the floor and chugs along. Ideally I would like to take the pannels out (if these are the pannels |||||, then I can approach them from below where the raiser used to be), but I have no idea if I can just pull out few boards (and with what they seem to be pretty tight). I can lift the floor a couple of inches and stuck hair dryer below.

I live in the apartment and don't have many tools.

Any help is appreciated.

Thanks,
Piljak

Old 10-06-02, 06:37 PM
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
You said you were in an apartment. Do you own this property? If not, call your landlord or leasing company and tell them they may need to come fix the leak before any further damage to the floor happens.

It must be a floating installation because you are able to lift it and the foam underlay is a dead give away.

If the carpet cleaners that clean the hall are soaking the carpet that much, then they are not properly cleaning the carpet and it has now caused your floor to be damaged. I guess they would be responsible for the replacement.

Old 10-07-02, 10:21 PM
piljak
Visiting Guest
Thanks Carpets,

I own this property, and I just had a guy who put the floor in over. Apparently it is not the carpet cleaners but some leak so I might have to fight it out with strata to foot the bill.
Thanks again,
Piljak

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: