Want to vacuum wood floors...

Old 10-14-02, 12:10 PM
SalG
Visiting Guest
Question Want to vacuum wood floors...

My floors are refinished and beautiful. With the exception of some area rugs, the entire house is wood or tile. I need any recommendations on good vacuums that will be safe for the floor but can also be used on the area rugs.

Any thoughts or suggestions?

Thanks,
SalG

Old 10-14-02, 01:20 PM
Zathrus
Visiting Guest
Make sure to get a vacuum where you can turn the beater brush off - this is the part that can damage wood and similar floors. Unfortunately, this is usually a feature only on higher end vacuums. On most vacuums the beater bar will not spin if you're using it with attachments *and* have the vacuum upright. So an extra long attachment hose can solve the problem.

Alternately, you could look for a cannister vacuum, and simply not use the powered attachment on the wood floors.

I bought a top-of-the-line Hoover vacuum last Christmas (for myself! My wife doesn't like vacuuming, but I'm a freak about clean floors) and got the best deal from a local Hoover store. They actally matched the best price I could find online (I did a Google search for the exact model number I wanted), plus threw in a couple extra bags, and replaced a plastic part that sheared off when the vacuum fell down some stairs. Needless to say they've won a customer for life.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: