wood floor coming unglued

Old 10-22-02, 01:54 PM
lonestar
Visiting Guest
wood floor coming unglued

Gentlemen, Had a Robbins wood floor installed about two years ago over a floated concrete slab. I now have 3 places where it is becomeing unglued. It is naturally out of installation warranty so it is up to me to find a solution. Can this be fixed without having to replace 800 sq. feet of floor? If so is it something I can tackle without screwing up the appearance. All areas are in traffic/visible areas.

Thanks for the advice.

Lonestar

Old 10-22-02, 05:01 PM
T
Upvotes: 0
Received 2 Upvotes on 2 Posts
Glue down failure

If you followed manufacturer's instructions regard job site conditions, subsurface prep, acclimation and installation instructions including manufacturer's recommended adhesive, then warranty should cover you if you reported the problem within the warranty period.

Warranties are easily voided if installation procedures are not followed.

Job site conditions, failure to acclimate, adhesive failure, and moisture conditions tend to be common problems with glue down installations.

Find more info re: Robbins and warranty at http://www.ifloor.com/hw/1207/1207.warrant.shtml

Old 10-23-02, 12:55 AM
H
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
Lonestar:

Is this a floating wood floor or one that is glued direct to the concrete slab? I have some possible solutions for you. Drop me a line and I'll send you some hyperlinks. If it's beyond a DIY job I have an excellant source in the Houston area you can contact.

ken@floridawoodfloors.net

Old 10-24-02, 10:19 AM
lonestar
Visiting Guest
Guys, sorry for the delay. The floor was installed by a flooring company which was under warrenty for one year. The concrete floor (slab) was floated to level and the floor installed with glue. Unfortunetely, glue is not holding in the three spots. I hate to take-up 800 sq. ft. of floor and would really hate to pay for it again. I was hoping there is some fix for the places coming up.

Lonestar

Old 10-24-02, 01:59 PM
A
Received 1 Upvote on 1 Post
Lonestar,

What they are asking is if the type of wood floor...

Is it glued to the concrete or floating above the concrete and T&G glued?

Old 10-24-02, 04:32 PM
H
Lonestar:

Try this link for engineered floor repairs..Photos and everything for ya

http://www.hardwoodinstaller.com/har...er/repairs.htm

Old 10-25-02, 08:02 AM
lonestar
Visiting Guest
Sorry, need to be clearer. The floor is glued directlly to the concrete slab. It was floated to level the concrete.

Lonestar

Old 10-25-02, 08:14 AM
H
Lonestar:

You can't find a more clear description of the repair process anywhere on the internet if you checked the site. Have you copied and pasted the url?? If not, just go to www.hardwoodinstaller.com and locate the Hardwood Floor Repairs page link on the left hand side of the home page. The example is an engineered product glued to concrete as yours.

Old 10-25-02, 09:02 AM
lonestar
Visiting Guest
Hardwood Guy, I just left the site and it has great information. Thanks. I'm getting ahold of the main office of the Carpet Mills operation here in Houston and try for a solution. This is actually the second install of this floor. The first did the same thing only much quicker. When they ripped it up it took less than hour to do the entire 800 ft. Said glue was old and not enough of it. Appears the second install was better but not great either. Loose areas are not the same areas as first floor, so I doubt it is a problem on my end. Robbins guy didn't think so either.

Thanks for the help and I may check with the local guy you know.

Lonestar

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: