New Subfloor in mobile home kitchen-$$$

Old 10-25-02, 02:51 PM
dmlopa
Visiting Guest
Unhappy New Subfloor in mobile home kitchen-$$$

I have a 1977 mobile home and I had a leak from the old gray piping. As a result the kitchen floor (which had the particle board when first built) needs to be replaced. I live in Western NY by Buffalo and I don't want to get ripped off. The kitchen is 13x14. There is also a counter that is about 7 feet long that would have to be removed in order to replace the flooring underneath because that is where the pipes are. How much is reasonable to take the counter out, rip up the particle board and replace the floor with 3/4" plywood and the counter?

Thank you in advance.

Sponsored Links
Old 10-25-02, 04:50 PM
T
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Subfloor replacement

Costs of materials and labor vary from area to area in our country. Your best bet is to get estimates from 3 or more licensed and insured contractors. Ask to see certification of these. Contractors who are not licensed and insured tend to be in the "rip off range." For specific issues regarding mobile homes, we have Meadowraven, an expert, on our Mobile Home Forum.

Old 10-27-02, 05:09 AM
Visiting Guest
Unfortunately in ny contractors are not required to be lisc. Do your homework on the contractors you talk to ask to see other jobs they have done. Check references.

Philly

Old 11-03-02, 01:56 AM
Zyloth
Visiting Guest
Southern California your price would be approx. $1700.00 give or take depending on the situtation and type of finished flooring.