Filling and Finishing American Cherry Floors

Old 11-05-02, 05:52 AM
JarredB
Visiting Guest
Question Filling and Finishing American Cherry Floors

I am currently installing American Cherry Floors. I am having a very hard time finding any wood filler to match the wood in my area, I live in Southern Oregon. What type of Wood Filler do you suggest, and what color would match the closest if I cannot get American Cherry? Also, what would be the best finish to use? I want a finish that is very strong and durable with a satin or maybe a semi-gloss finish. I am not too worried about the difficulty about applying the filler or finish. I would rather take my time and do the finish right the first time, so that I will have a have a professional finish that will last me for years. Thank You, I greatly appreciate anyone and everyone's suggestions and opinions.

Sponsored Links
Old 11-05-02, 01:19 PM
alizona
Visiting Guest
How many square feet of cherry flooring and how wide is flooring.

Old 11-05-02, 08:12 PM
alizona
Visiting Guest
I just typed up a 748 character answer for your question and the site lost it. Explaining how to tint your filler. This is the tenth time it has lost one of my submitals. Out of 30 submitals. If you want the information send me your email address.
AL [email protected]

Old 11-06-02, 11:10 PM
JarredB
Visiting Guest
Cherry Wood Filler

Alizona, the whole floor is about 800 square feet. I am doinf the kitchen, Dining Room, Living Room and Two Bedrooms. Al, My e-mail address is [email protected].

TY, Jarred

Old 11-07-02, 09:18 AM
Locy's Hardwood
Visiting Guest
Filler

Generally speaking you would trowel fill the floor using the dust from the edger bag mixing it with poly to a workable texture and using a trowel spread the mixture over the entire floor. It takes a couple of hours for the filler to dry and them you screen it to remove the excess from the surface vaccum and tack with mineral spirits and coat. We genearlly do 3 coats of poly. for more info go to www.finishingwoodfloors.com

Phil