replacing hardwood boards

Old 12-03-02, 12:38 AM
Visiting Guest
Posts: n/a
replacing hardwood boards

I am currently refinishing the hard wood floors in my house. Once I pulled up the carpeting I saw several large holes that were cut in the floor for the old furnace ducts and cold air return grates. Is there a way to replace the boards over those holes? I looked at the flooring and it apears to only be about 1/4 to 5/16 of an inch thick. Any and all info will be appreciated. Thanks in advance.
Old 12-03-02, 04:57 AM
Locy's Hardwood
Visiting Guest
Posts: n/a

Yes these repairs can be made. The problem you will have is finding material to use for the repairs. Often times you can use flooring from a closet to make the repairs. the question is do you have enough to do it. 1st you will need to fill in the holes with a good sub flooring material ie ply wood. with out looking at it the thickness will have to be determined. Repairs can be tricky you might want to call a pro to do the repairs and do the refinishing yourself. It takes alot of knowledge to get a repair to blend with the rest of the floor. You can see some examples in the repair section of my web site.

Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Ask a Question
Question Title:
Your question will be posted in: