snap in laminate plank replacement

Old 12-05-02, 08:55 AM
Pattipatricia
Visiting Guest
snap in laminate plank replacement

We just finished installing an armstrong snap in laminate floor/ the kind w/o glue. I can hardly believe it, but the day after we finished, we still had things moved from one room to the next and somehow water was standing for several days on a plank & it has buckled. I read how to replace a plank of the glue down kind, but does anyone have any tips on how to replace a snap in kind? thanks/ Pattipatricia e-mail: pmeadows9@comcast.net

Old 12-05-02, 06:10 PM
AzFred
Visiting Guest
"Unsnap" only as many planks as necessary to expose and replace the damaged plank.

Old 12-05-02, 08:38 PM
SteveOfloors
Visiting Guest
I'm not familiar with the Armstrong snap, but the ones with the Uniclic joint loose some of their integrity when disassembled. I have heard up to 30%. Have you heard this Azfred? Will they need to glue the dissasembled pieces upon reassembly?

Old 12-05-02, 10:02 PM
T
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Snap in plank replacement

If the local dealer is not providing you with the information you need, contact Armstrong at www.armstrong.com.

Old 12-06-02, 06:47 AM
AzFred
Visiting Guest
Actually Steve, some of the manufacturers that use the Uniclic system, guarantee re install up to 3 times. That is the joint integrity is guaranteed if the floor is uninstalled and reinstalled up to 3 times, and one of those offers a lifetime warranree on joint integrity. The Valinge patent that Armstrong employs is looser as witnessed by the patent claims that tried to use the word "play" as a part of the patent design claim. Open or loose joints are found more often in an Alloc or Armstrong product than say in a BHK or Columbia product. Two other factors enter here. The core is a direct contributor to joint integrety beyond the design characteristics and the installation process. A loose joint is evident if the floor is racked during installation and that is not the fault of the product and one very good reason to employ a pro for the install.

Old 12-06-02, 10:53 PM
SteveOfloors
Visiting Guest
Thumbs up

Thanks for clearing that up, Azfred! Ironically, my source for that info is a tech guy for another brand, and he mentioned that "fact" at a seminar for their new clic product. Or rather, their newest new clic.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: