Harris Tarquet floating floor question

Old 12-16-02, 08:02 AM
Texas wood
Visiting Guest
Harris Tarquet floating floor question

My buddy at work has a the aforementioned floating floor. One area deflects badly when he walks on it. I am suprised he paid the installer $560 to float the floor make flat. He and I were wondering is there any compound he can pump under the floor in the local area? Would silicone caulk work. I guess he would drill a hole and pump the silicone in. The area is about 3 foot by 3 foot. He used the Tarquet pad also. I instructed him to call back the installer, he did and the installer said there was only a year warranty on installation!!!!

Old 12-16-02, 03:02 PM
H
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hi Texas:

Why didn't your buddy call the installer in the beginning? I'm sure the problem must have been apparent from the getgo? I'm afraid you're out of luck unless some boards are removed to try some kind of support from underneath. I'd be careful with anything that will introduce moisture as a quick fix(injection) as you're likely to get some moisture problems. Maybe someone else has an easier suggestion?

Old 12-17-02, 08:34 AM
Texas wood
Visiting Guest
Good question, we think alike!!! I asked him the same thing and his reply was it should "settle?" down over time. He said he tried about 6 months later and the installer would not respond to calls etc. I suggest staying away from Carpet Mills of Americai!!!

Old 12-17-02, 10:02 AM
Texas wood
Visiting Guest
I just talked to my buddy. He drilled a hole and pumped silicon caulk under the floor. He said it fixed the problem!!!!!!!!! Why did the installer not do this, he said it took him 5 minutes. I asked if it cupped or warped the planks, he said no. If anything changes I will post.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: