Moving radiators

Old 01-05-03, 08:17 PM
Luthar28
Visiting Guest
Moving radiators

This is probably a very stupid question, but I thought that maybe, just maybe, there's something that can be done.

I would like to rip out the old hardwood (sanded down to the nails -- probably 100 years old) and put in new stuff. Now this is the stupid question -- I have old water radiators. The one in this room is sitting on the hardwood floor (obviously). I need to move it to redo the floors.

Has anyone ever come up with a way that I can replace the floors without having to completely drain my system? Considering it's January, I don't think draining my boiler system would be a very good idea...

Old 01-07-03, 05:09 PM
brickeyee
Visiting Guest
Drain it. Remove radiator. Cap off pipes. Replace floor. Re-install radiator. My kitchen radiator is sitting in the dining room as I write this.

Old 01-16-03, 07:15 AM
David Leonard
Visiting Guest
I have a gas-fired hot water system with 2 zones. I have had to remove radiators for tile and wood installation projects. It is not that hard. I had to solder a drain line valve into the return line since one did not exist. You have to remove the water from the lines in order to resolder joints.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: