Installing Laminate Flooring

Old 02-11-03, 12:52 PM
bob0815
Visiting Guest
Installing Laminate Flooring

Hi,

I new to this forum and have a question when installing laminate hardwood flooring. The room I am covering is approx 15' 6" x 22', and has a wood subfloor. I have two initial issues: 1) With all of the information on the web with the importance of the first 3 rows, I am scared to death to even start gluing. I have taken a square to my starting corner and it is square. My question is "How do I know that my starting wall does not start to go out of square?" 2) My base board is a good 3/4" above my subfloor. I have put spacers between the laminate and baseboard to allow a 1/2" expansion gap, but everytime I tap into place a board to dry fit it, the spacers flip under the base board. I have tried nailing them into place with a single nail, but all that does is allow the nail to act as a fulcrum point and the spacer bends under the base board.

Thanks for any help / suggestions.

Bob

Sponsored Links
Old 02-11-03, 06:26 PM
floorman
Visiting Guest
first you need to pull the base off.Get a mark the distance equal to 3 rows and chalk a line along that wall.When you start then use the spacers to keep you off the wall