Wilsonart Laminate Flooring

Old 02-13-03, 11:42 AM
a523309
Visiting Guest
Wilsonart Laminate Flooring

Hi all....this is for anyone who can provide some helpful hints, tips, ideas, etc to install Wilsonart floating laminate flooring.

Just getting ready to go pickup the laminate flooring and begin installation this weekend. All the research I have done suggests it is a pretty straightforward installation technique. Literally Tap-n-Lock.

I am concerned about stationary cabinets etc that will be sitting on top. Also, how does the T-moulding & the end-cap stay in place if no glue is used? Will the T-Moulding or end-cap not shift thereby causing the entire floor to kinda shift along with it? I understand the 1/4" give on each side, but need some help with the T-Moulding and End-Cap.

Thx in advance.

Sponsored Links
Old 02-13-03, 03:03 PM
AzFred
Visiting Guest
Do it right the first time as Tap N Loc is not foregiving, you only get one chance. If you plan to install cabinets after the floor is installed and on top of the floor, you will not be happy with the outcome. Gluing the moldings in place is common. If you plan to install this week end, the flooring should already be stored in place to acclimate. If the room is large a gap of more than 1/4" may be advised. Good Luck

Old 02-13-03, 03:11 PM
a523309
Visiting Guest
Thx for the response. There is a removeable 5' cabinet that currently sits on carpet. Would it be better to simply leave the carpet there, or, can the cabinet be removed, and then put back on top of the freshly laid laminate floor?

Old 02-13-03, 05:20 PM
AzFred
Visiting Guest
The caution was for built-in kitchen cabinets not a small or movable storage unit.