cutting quarter round molding

Old 11-05-03, 02:36 PM
Angco
Visiting Guest
cutting quarter round molding

I am installing 3/4" oak quarter round molding. The question I have is I have come to an area where I need to cut a miter that is 110 degree mitre. How can I cut this using a mitre saw I am assuming that if a 90 degree is needed you cut a 45 however if 110 degrees is needed you cut a 65 degree but how do you do this when the saw only allows up to a 45 degree cut.

thanks dan

Old 11-06-03, 08:00 AM
rgillespie
Visiting Guest
A traditional miter box won't do it of course, most will only cut a 45 degree angle. I'm not positive but there might be more expensive boxes that cut at various angles, you'll have to check into it. Otherwise, a chop-saw is what you need.... then again I'm not sure if the go up to 65 degrees. I have one but I'm not sure if it goes up that high, again you'll have to check.

Robert

Old 11-06-03, 10:35 AM
A
Received 1 Vote on 1 Post
I have done these type of angles by putting something between the piece and the fence to increase the angle. Will probably take some trial and error but it's doable.

Old 11-07-03, 12:03 PM
brickeyee
Visiting Guest
Make a plywood angle at 45 degrees and use it to rotate the quarter round. then set the saw for the additional 20 degrees.

Old 11-08-03, 06:21 AM
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
I have a Delta compound miter saw. It will go past the 45 setting.

Colored wood filler works great for any small gaps.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: