floating floor expansion gap

Old 11-07-03, 02:36 PM
J
JSV909
Visiting Guest
Question floating floor expansion gap

I am about to install a longstrip floating floor. I understand about the expansion gap, but there are a couple of places where I can't figure out how to cover the gap. I am going to leave my baseboards down and cover the gap with 1/4 round. I know I need to undercut my doorjams, but have a question in that area. My baseboards and door jams are about the same width. So if the 5/8" expansion gap runs along the baseboards and turns to go under the doorjam and if the 1/4 round stops at the doorjam, won't there be a portion of the gap not covered by the doorjam or the 1/4 round? I have a couple more questions, but let's start with this one. Any other helpful tips are also welcomed. Thanks a million in advance!

Sponsored Links
Old 11-09-03, 04:06 PM
T
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Floating Floor

Each manufacter of laminated flooring tends to have their own specific instructions re: installation and acclimation. For more specific questions, contact the manufacturer.

Old 11-09-03, 04:16 PM
T
Floating Floor

Each manufacter of laminated flooring tends to have their own specific instructions re: installation and acclimation. For more specific questions, contact the manufacturer.

Old 11-09-03, 04:35 PM
When you under cut the doorjambs, run the saw around so you also undercut about an inch of the baseboards. This way you won't have that small hole where the round meets the jamb.

Old 11-10-03, 08:29 AM
J
JSV909
Visiting Guest
expansion gap

Thanks CDR for the tip. I will try undercutting the baseboard like you suggest. Thanks again.