Bruce vs. Harris Tarkett

Old 11-11-03, 06:18 PM
RaymondW
Visiting Guest
Bruce vs. Harris Tarkett

I'm planning to install my first hardwood floor in the next few weeks. My question now is which prefinished hardwood floor to buy. Lowes sells Bruce; HD sells Harris Tarkett. Both have 15-year warranties, both have eased edges and square ends, both cost $4.00/sq. ft. They appear to be nearly identical.

Is there anything I should know about one over the other to decide which to buy?

Thanks.

Ray

Old 11-12-03, 11:50 AM
Elly Miller
Visiting Guest
Which Harris Tarkett floor are you considering? Last Spring, I installed the Harris Tarkett (Tap Tight) glueless engineered wood floor. It is a beautiful floor but the installation was very difficult. It was impossible to get all the gaps out. I'm going with Kahr's Linnea for my next project.

Old 11-12-03, 06:48 PM
RaymondW
Visiting Guest
I'm not sure what the line is called, but it's a 2-1/4" x 3/4" solid prefinished nail-down oak strip. Same for the Bruce. Bruce calls theirs America's Best Choice, number ABC400.

Old 11-17-03, 02:43 AM
H
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Raymond:

There are far more choices than what is sold at Lowe's or Home Depot. If you're set on buying there Tarkett would be my choice.

Old 11-18-03, 03:39 AM
T
Received 1 Vote on 1 Post
Hardwood Flooring

Shop around, as you can do better on brands when it comes to quality, price point, and warranty than you find at the big box stores.

Old 11-19-03, 05:49 PM
RaymondW
Visiting Guest
Twelvepole,

I don't mind shopping around, but at $3.95/sf in the natural oak color I like with a 15-year finish warranty, I haven't found a lot better price. What should I be looking for in another floor that would make it a better choice? The only thing I would prefer over what's available from Lowes or HD is eased ends in addition to the eased edges their products have. But I'm not sure that's a necessity nor am I willing to pay twice the price for it.

Ray

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: