Fix for sloping floors

Old 11-16-03, 07:09 AM
BobJ
Visiting Guest
Fix for sloping floors

The bedrooms at one end of our house slope app. 2.5 inches over a 10 foot span from the outer wall toward the center. Is it a viable option to take up the hardwood floor and sub floor then trim the floor joists, sister additional joists to the trimmed ones and replace the hardwood floor. Then use wall trim to handle any wall issues.

Thanks in advance.

Old 11-16-03, 07:13 AM
floorman
Visiting Guest
a slope this bad has me worried that there are strucural defects that need to be addressed first.Do you know why the floor is sloping like this?

Old 11-16-03, 07:20 AM
BobJ
Visiting Guest
Floorman,
The house was built in 1960. Not sure what the story was but this slope was in place when we bought it in 1980 and hasn't changed since then. This end of the house is on a slab which shows indication of repair on one side and also slopes on the other, so I suspect there was a problem with the slab or some significant settling which has since ceased. There doesn't seem to be any easy way to fix the slope at the foundation level so I'm looking for other means.
thanks
BobJ

Old 11-16-03, 07:24 AM
floorman
Visiting Guest
go to www.ardex.com they should have what you need.In particular ardex k-15 self leveling engineered cement

Old 11-16-03, 07:34 AM
BobJ
Visiting Guest
Thanks Yardman,

That would solve the first floor problem which is directly on the slab( floor=slab) but it wouldn't address the sloping floors of the second floor bedrooms which are typical wood frame.

Bobj

Old 11-16-03, 04:22 PM
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Ya, all that added weight to the second floor might make your settling issues start again!!!

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: