diagonal laminate tile installation and look

Old 11-25-03, 07:38 PM
cleanwater
Visiting Guest
diagonal laminate tile installation and look

Planning to put laminate (fake tile) in the kitchen as real tile is too cold here in Wisconsin for the kitchen. Anyone have experience with how laminate tile looks and installs if put on a diagonal? I understand it will be more cutting and require 20% more laminate. The reason to do it on a diagonal is to create a more interesting look in a small kitchen. I did a ceramic diagonal installation in shower stall ceiling and like the interest it creates. Am I asking for too much trouble? Is it worth the extra trouble?

Old 11-26-03, 02:38 PM
D
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
You could use real ceramic and an underfloor heating system.

Old 11-26-03, 03:52 PM
florcraft
Visiting Guest
great idea, go for it!
Lots of in floor heat with laminate used up here too.

Old 11-26-03, 05:14 PM
cleanwater
Visiting Guest
in floor heat with hot air?

OK, in floor heat sounds good but we have hot air system. How do I get in floor heat?

Old 11-26-03, 06:50 PM
floorman
Visiting Guest
there are coil systems that you attach a track system to the floor and then this coil is snapped in place and then floated over allowed to dry then tile is set over that.Very basic explanation but you get the picture.I'll see if i can find something to direct you to

www.warmlyyours.com they will have a better explanation on what it is

Last edited by floorman; 11-26-03 at 07:01 PM.
Old 11-27-03, 06:21 PM
cleanwater
Visiting Guest
electric grid under ceramic

Thanks for the suggestion. Sounds nice but a bit on the pricey side with a 2600 material cost for electric grid. think i'll stick with the wood laminate. I'm still looking for recommendations experience on installing stone looking laminate on diagonal in kitchen.

Old 11-28-03, 09:04 AM
floorman
Visiting Guest
i'm not a big fan of laminate for a few reasons mainly that i dont see how a floor can last any amount of time while all that movement is going on,that being said they are making progress with the laminates and the new ones are better than the last.The problem is see with them is with all the movement eventually something has to give and it is usually corners being chipped,or locks giving so it's kind of a crap shoot the pictures they put on them are nice though

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: