help to decide which laminate

Old 11-26-03, 02:27 PM
tam813
Visiting Guest
help to decide which laminate

I was wondering whick laminate is the best, with least problems. I have 3 boys, a boxer dog and busy life, lol. I'm looking at:
1) Pergo select
2) orignal Aloc
3) wilsonart
4) Armstrong
5)Quickstep

I want something that can go in the kitchen and withstand kids and dog. please tell me what you like and don't like about theses, thanks

Old 11-26-03, 04:01 PM
florcraft
Visiting Guest
I dont like pergo selects looks, but theres no question the quality is great. I have had little problems with them, Wilsonart I would rate second if you are thinking Wilsonart classic estate, because its also a high pressure and great looking stuff.
quickstep, allock, armstrong - good stuff if you pick the higher brands.
Your biggest concern shoould be 2 things
1) Installation - all the products are dirt if not installed properly.
2) YOU! I have seen folks make the cheapest stuff around last a LONG time, and I have seen folks make the best look like the worst - and they blame the manufacturer nearly everytime. And it may not be their fault ( I am talking to salespeople here). The client may walk away from the store feeling laminate is indestructable.

Your heading in the right direction, heres some tips to help the floor last awhile longer than expected.

- take your shoes off
- use area rugs
- use the right cleaner and use it often
- trim the dogs nails when needed
- practice walking on rice paper (just kidding)

good luck and enjoy!

Old 11-28-03, 11:32 PM
rgillespie
Visiting Guest
Wilsonart is the best quality laminate available, the high end Pergo that floorcraft referred to is excellent as well, but I have worked for a few shops who won't sell Pergo any more because they've had some bad experiences dealing with their customer service. Wilsonart not only has the better floor, thier transition pieces are the best around too. They are made from plywood instead of fiberboard.

Robert

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: