Bamboo flooring tips?

Old 01-10-04, 12:51 PM
Johnster
Visiting Guest
Bamboo flooring tips?

I am about to lay my first bamboo floor over an existing concrete sub-floor. I have no experience with this kind of installation and would value any advice or tips you could pass on to me before I start.

I have removed all base boards and trims in the room which is 140 square feet.

The flooring is 3' x 3 1/4" by 5/8" thickness planks

Thanks in advance

John Callaghan

Old 01-10-04, 12:59 PM
T
Upvotes: 0
Received 1 Upvote on 1 Post
Hardwood on concrete

Solid hardwood flooring can be installed on concrete above grade. You will still need a vapor retarder over the concrete and a 3/4" plywood subfloor installed directly to the concrete or on a sleeper system. After that, it is installed as you would any other solid hardwood species. For the bible on installing hardwood floors, go to www.installingwoodfloors.com

Follow manufacturers instructions. Temperature and humidity will need to be within normal occupancy levels. There should be no moisture problems. Wood will need to acclimate (adjust) to temperature and humidity in the rooms where it is going to be installed for several days before installation.

Old 01-12-04, 06:24 AM
H
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
John:

Not much difference from an engineered gluedown on slab, although you want a darned flat subfloor. I would use about 40 square feet of adhesive per gallon---no water base or cheap stuff---Bostiks is recommended. Check the tips I offer starting at this page link...

Glue Downs On Concrete

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: