Hardwood Floor

Old 03-24-04, 06:39 AM
achhee
Visiting Guest
Hardwood Floor

Thanks for helping me on laminate measurement, one more thing how I will measure the area for haedwood floor and steps for hardwood floor, what else things are involved for measuring of hardwood i.e. moldings, floor conditions etc please advise me in detail
Thanks and best regards

Old 03-24-04, 09:45 AM
florcraft
Visiting Guest
measure same as lam.

as far as floor conditions, it all depends on the type of wood.

Old 03-24-04, 08:15 PM
T
Upvotes: 0
Received 2 Upvotes on 2 Posts
Wood Floor Installation

Laminated wood floor manufacturers tend to have very specific installation and acclimation instructions for their wood floor products, as do solid hardwood manufacturers. It is extremely important to follow these instructions to the "tee" to maintain warranties. Most laminate and hardwood flooring manufacturers tend to recommend that you calculate exact square footage of floor space to be covered and add 5% for waste and cuts and round up to the quantity of the next box becuase product can not be sold less than box. Trim and moldings, such as T-molds, reducers, stairnose, shoe mold or quarter round, baseboards, will depend upon transition spaces to other adjacent floor coverings as well as footage of perimeter of room for pieces such as baseboard, shoe mold, or quarter round.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: