Glossy Engineered floor Wax finish?

Old 04-02-04, 09:07 AM
Joshua1
Visiting Guest
Smile Glossy Engineered floor Wax finish?

Can anybody tell me an Engineered wood floor brand name That can be wax and buff during cleaning. I like the wood floor that Is looking glossy and shinny all the time. I am looking toward like
Mannington California Oak. But this type of floor cannot be wax during
cleaning? Any suggestion?

Old 04-04-04, 03:44 PM
T
Upvotes: 0
Received 1 Upvote on 1 Post
Wax finish

Polyurethane finish is the preferred finish today. One of the reasons is that it gives homeowners a shiny floor without having to wax and buff.

Old 04-05-04, 11:54 AM
Joshua1
Visiting Guest
Polyurethane finish

The wood floor that I mention is a combination of Polyurethane and veneer on the top layer. In your opinion how long do you think the glossy finish of this floor would last if I put it on heavy traffic area like kitchen, family room and hallway?

And also if it does scratches, can I do a touch-up using paint brush and Polyurethane?

Old 04-05-04, 05:30 PM
T
Upvotes: 0
Received 1 Upvote on 1 Post
Engineered floor

Durability of floor finish depends upon quality of finish (length of warranty is often a clue to expectations), use, abuse, and maintenance. When purchasing a wood laminate (engineered) floor, consider purchasing the best quality and warranty that your budget will allow.

Wood laminate is a thin layer of real wood veneer on plies (usually 3-5) of wood. The thicker the veneer layer (nothing less than 1/8" recommended) and the more plies the better. Some of the lesser expensive products have a veneer layer too thin for refinishing. Others may be sanded and refinished up to three times.

Following manufacturer's instructions for cleaning and maintenance will prolong the life of your floor. Most wood floor manufacturers tend to have touchup kits for their flooring to tend to minor scratches. Severe scratches and worn finish will require proper floor prep and refinishing.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: