Laminate Flooring

Old 04-04-04, 10:10 AM
Everett
Visiting Guest
Laminate Flooring

I am in the process of buying laminat flooring, and was wondering if I should put it down myself, or hire a pro. I have been told by the sales people it is very easy to do.

Everett

Sponsored Links
Old 04-04-04, 02:31 PM
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Laminate installation

If you are pretty handy, you can DIY. Read and follow manufacturer's instructions carefully regarding subfloor preparation, acclimation, installation, maintenance & care. You have experienced installers on this website who can help you.

Forum reports tend to reveal that many DIYers are going with the snap together floating laminate because of ease of installation. Depending upon the type of laminate, there are also products that have to be glued, stapled, or nailed.

Old 05-13-04, 11:57 AM
ashleylawmccann
Visiting Guest
Exclamation Do it yourself

My husband put our glueless laminate flooring down himself. We were worried about doing it and also thought about hiring a pro. I'd say he is about a 6 on the "handy" scale and it went down absolutely no problem. The installation was easy. However, if we had it to do over again, we would have gotten nicer laminate floor. We installed about 1000 sq. ft. of the Uni-Clic, and I have to say that I am less than thrilled. It looks like plastic. We got about half of it done, having stayed up all night to do it, and the next morning realized that some planks were higher gloss than others. We had to rip it all up and start over again and we were working on a deadline. The company took it's time getting us the new flooring and although my husband missed 2 days of work to re-install it, we got nothing for our trouble.
However, the actual process of laying it wasn't hard and I'm sure you could probably do it yourself.