Floor Sanders

Old 05-17-04, 08:51 PM
paw
Visiting Guest
Floor Sanders

I just bought a house and want to refinish the hardwood floors. I have seen a few different kinds of floor sanders and wondered which one would be easy to use and do a nice job. Thank you.

Old 05-19-04, 05:12 PM
johng chevy
Visiting Guest
Use a belt sander not a drum sander!! With a drum it's hard to get a nice flat sanding without chater marks(wavy).I don't know if you can rent them but 2 great sanders I have are a Hummel and a Galaxy 2000. Hope this helps?

Old 05-20-04, 09:24 PM
vmg_inc
Visiting Guest
Thumbs up Hey Paw...

Paw... Since you are, I assume going to be refinishing a whole bunch of floors in your home... I would recommend that you go to a couple of different top notch rental companies and find out what sanders are available... As a contractor, I use a larger more efficient sander and can cover alot more floor space in alot less time...

But be careful and test sand in an out of the way area just to get used to the sander... you will be surprised if you have even the slightest bit of coordination how quickly you will learn how to use a big floor sander...

Don't forget there are many brands, types, etc. out on the market... I would stick to a sander that is specifically designed for this type of job...

Good Luck and Good Sanding...

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: