Pergo Select in kit and laundry room?

Old 12-14-04, 03:15 PM
kimwright
Visiting Guest
Question Pergo Select in kit and laundry room?

We are looking at the color "Hickory" something. Does anyone have it? Does it look like real hardwood? The price I got from a flooring co. for 330 s.f. including removing the current ceramic tile (covering entire area) is $2,900 plus tax. Is that a good price? They are telling me not to lay it over the tile b/c it will creak and not wear well.

thanks for any tips!

Old 12-14-04, 03:26 PM
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
You can lay it over well installed ceramic tile. If the tiles surface of installation is not flat, it will pop and squeak, but that is what floor prep is for. If the tiles are loose and popping up, by all means remove them.

If other areas beside the tiled area are getting the floating floor, making the step off of the tile less drastic by floating out into the other area to bring the subfloor spec up to recommended flatness of 3/16 of an inch, in 10 feet.

Floating floor prep mud, should cost less then tearing out the tile and thinset mortar, and then floating anyway.

I charge right at $4 per sq.ft. to remove ceramic tile, or $50 per hour, if it is less then 100 sq.ft.

I charge starting @ $2 per ft. to install glueless laminate flooring. Any floor prep is $50 per hour + materials used.

Old 12-14-04, 04:11 PM
mxgian
Visiting Guest
Originally Posted by kimwright
We are looking at the color "Hickory" something. Does anyone have it? Does it look like real hardwood? The price I got from a flooring co. for 330 s.f. including removing the current ceramic tile (covering entire area) is $2,900 plus tax. Is that a good price? They are telling me not to lay it over the tile b/c it will creak and not wear well.

thanks for any tips!
you should do some research to figure out what that laminate would cost if you bought it yourself, and then take the difference and apply it towards an installer. i think you'll come out ahead in this way, just get good references.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: