Shiny Finish

Old 01-03-05, 03:04 AM
fnewsome
Visiting Guest
Shiny Finish

We are thinking of applying some sort of finish to our laminate to give some shine to it. Are there products out there for this?

Old 01-03-05, 03:43 AM
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
Might want to call your laminate manufacturer and ask them what they recommend, that will stick to the surface of their laminate.

What makes the laminate surface easy to clean, also makes it so a coating of finish won't stick, very well without peeling off soon after drying.

Old 01-04-05, 09:23 AM
okl62
Visiting Guest
I'm pretty sure the mafacturer will say NO WAY. I spoke to two professionals (hardwood floor installers); they also said no way. But somebody I used to know did it in his appartment (he covered fresh installed laminate with poly) and I saw the floors after one year of use. Floor looked greate and i did not notice any peeling. Unfortunately I cannot see how it looks now... anyway it can be very risky project. The surfice of laminate looks like tephlon and i will be not surprised if laquer will start peeling off under traffic.

Old 01-04-05, 10:10 AM
T
Upvotes: 0
Received 2 Upvotes on 2 Posts
Adding finish may void any finish warranties. Compatibility of finishes may be an issue. Shiny and high gloss finishes tend to show scratches more.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: