Harmonics from Costco

Old 01-12-05, 03:36 AM
H
hth
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Harmonics from Costco

Anyone using Harmonics laminate floor? Costco has it on sale for about $1.30/sqt with coupon. How do you like it? Who is the manufacturer? Thx.

Old 01-12-05, 03:56 PM
D
It isn't the greatest. You really get what you pay for. If you only want if for a couple years then go for it. If you want it forever, look at something else. Hope I didn't burst the bubble but I hate to see people unhappy with an investment.
Bryan

Old 01-12-05, 09:07 PM
Value is not based on price alone!

Buyer beware!

Old 03-04-07, 12:41 PM
R
Thumbs up

I installed it myself in 2 rooms so far. 3+ years and going. I love it. Easy to install. I'm no flooring expert, but I believe this is a great value. Costco is not known in the industry to market 'junk.' It's all about volume pricing. The only thing that some folks might object to is the underlayment that comes in the costco available kit. If your installing it in a heavy traffic area, high moisture area, you might consider an upgrade in the underlayment...but you'd have to purchase that elsewhere.

Oh yeah, very scratch resistant as well. I have kids (with toys & 'stuff' played with on the floor) & cats that try to dig in while turning the corner to make an escape. No problems with scratches. Now, I wouldn't take a key to it and try to intentionally make a scratch...cause I'm certain it would. Point is, in my experience...it's not easily scratched.

Also, if you need trim parts (i.e. quarter rounds, transitions, etc) you'll either need to call the 888 number on the installation kit from Costco to special order the parts...or go to your local flooring store, bring in a scrape piece to match the color if possible, and make the purcahse. That's what I did. The color/brand isn't an exact match, but folks can't tell the difference (unless I tell them : )

Last edited by rxsid; 03-04-07 at 01:04 PM. Reason: some additional info/comments

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: