Anyone have experience with Empire Flooring?

Old 01-23-05, 02:35 PM
stewie6450
Visiting Guest
Anyone have experience with Empire Flooring?

I had Empire come out and give me an estimate on a laminate floor. Their price seemed competitive, but I would like to know if anyone has had any experience with them. The floor they quoted was a Quick Step 700 but manufactured to Empire's specs.

Old 01-23-05, 07:05 PM
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
Buyer beware! I have not heard any good things, but most of the time a satisfied customer won't get on the het and rave how good they were. It is the people that get the shaft, that get on the net and complain.

Here is one. There are over a 1000 hits for a simple websearch

Copy & pasted...
I couldn't get the link to work.

Title: Number: 5423285 (5/29/2004) Status: [Queued for processing] Category: Product Country: United States Name: Not disclosed Email: Not disclosed Against: Empire Flooring
Kent WA

Complaint:
When the salesperson came to our home, we discussed our concerns with the (25yr warranty)lamant wood flooring they have vs our 4-7lbs animals coming in and out the door built in the side of the house. She assured us that this flooring would wear well, to the point if we dropped a knife in the floor and pulled it out we would hardly see the cut. We were told it is very durable and would hold up well, among other things. It is a little over 1 month old and it is not standing up to anything she said. It is bubbling up in places where it was put together in the panel ends. And it is starting to get scratched from movement of a chair (which I am very carful with when I move it). I was called a liar (not in those words but definetly implied) by the Director. They did say they would come out and replace it, one time only. So much for the 25 yr warrenty. Be wiser then us when purchasing flooring, please do more research on the product and the company. For the cost spent, we aren't getting our monies worth.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: