KronoSwiss Laminate Question

Old 02-24-05, 09:12 AM
KDCanDoIt
Visiting Guest
Question KronoSwiss Laminate Question

I am wondering if anyone has any experience with Kronoswiss 8.3mm Crystal Clic. I really like the look but after reading through this forum have found that it's not on the NALFA list. So now I'm wondering if I should install it or not? My goal is to remove the carpet through out my townhouse and replace it with laminate. Given the point of diminishing returns, I'd rather not spend a whole lot of money.

Any help sure would be appreciated.

/kd

Sponsored Links
Old 02-26-05, 04:22 AM
bvanscoy678
Visiting Guest
off brand

it seem that the longer the off brand name of laminate the more worthless the product is. Your floor name is long. Smart to think of the investment and its returns, so installing a poor product will cost your more than not doing anything at all. So if the choice is between a bad product and a good carpet cleaning, call the cleaners. Either that or have some new carpet installed. Either choice is better than a poor grade laminate.

Old 02-26-05, 05:05 AM
KDCanDoIt
Visiting Guest
Off Brand ?

Off Brand - I'm not sure I understand what you mean by that. I thought it was a european brand. The other I've seen is Balta which has a v-groove to give a realistic look, yet another european brand.

Old 02-28-05, 11:30 AM
workingonmyhome
Visiting Guest
Have installed KronoSwiss

Yes, we installed about 1300 sq ft of Kronoswiss 8.3 Crystal Clic (Silent Step) with great results to date. The online company that we purchased from had great customer service. I spoke with the owner and he came across as very experienced and understanding of the differences in products. I know that their are other versions of Kronoswiss out there but I am talking about the AC4 rated product.

Installed 8 months ago in AZ, the floors are holding up well in high traffic areas including the teenager's bedrooms, X-box playroom (very high use) and den/computer/study room. They still look great and I always liked the Kronoswiss finish.

Hope this helps a bit.

Old 02-28-05, 12:19 PM
hth
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
be aware of the laminate made in China. I seen $0.99/sqt laminate made in China with brand called Dynamic without AC rating on the box. I almost did fall into a sale of Germany floor for $1.45/sqt that later I saw on the box saying "German Standard". I asked the saleman twice and he insited its from Euroup. The owner later stepped out and admitted it was made in China but carried German std! The Krono seems to be mannufactured in China.

Old 03-01-05, 05:35 AM
KDCanDoIt
Visiting Guest
Smile Thanks

Thanks for the information. Appreciate it.