When to install the floor Help!

Old 02-28-05, 11:38 AM
M
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
When to install the floor Help!

My wife and I are having a house built and I'm going to be installing a hardwood (bamboo) floor, building the cabinets and making the counter tops (Polished concreat).
Should I do the cabnets and counter tops first then install the floor or should I install the floor, cabnets and counter tops.
At the moment I'm thinking that If Istall the floor last then I will have to build the molds for the counter tops out side or downstairs in the garauge. If I install the floors last then I can build the molds in the same room. I'm concerned about damaging the wood floor during the counter making process.

Any suggestions / tips / comments / advice?

Old 02-28-05, 12:19 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
All wet trades including the painting should be completed 2-4 days before the wood is brought into the area to start the acclimation process.

Old 02-28-05, 10:46 PM
dsn
Visiting Guest
Floor or cabinets is a long lasting debate. Since you are using concrete for your countertop I would definately do the countertop 1st as it can be messy and wet trades should be done B4 flooring is in the room. I always try to be the last one in the house (installing the floor) b4 someone moves back in so other trades do not abuse the new floor.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: