Noisy Laminate

Old 08-09-05, 04:43 AM
M
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
Noisy Laminate

I have a 'crunchy' problem with Pergo that has undoubtedly expanded to the wall in several areas (sounds like bubble wrap was laid under it). However it quiets down considerably when the temp and humidity goes down). It was installed last December (temp in the 30's) with less than a day of acclimation. The installer said it must be bad Pergo but never took the time to remove a baseboard to look for expansion issues. I did and can see where several planks are tight to the wall. What can I do to relieve the pressure (assuming the blind installer won't do anything)? Thanks!

Old 08-09-05, 12:02 PM
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
Since it was installed the same day it was delivered, It is the installers problem, that you paid him for.

He cut corners now hold him accountable!

Either remove the flooring and cut the planks(under doorjambs) or a toe kick saw or and undercut saw turn up sideways.

But this shouldn't be your problem, it certainly isn't Pergo's problem that he didn't follow the strict guidelines for acclimation and installation!!!

Did he put a tail light warranty on it, or does your contract state the mandatory 1 year minimum??

Old 08-11-05, 07:48 PM
D'Olier
Visiting Guest
I did this too but noticed the problem before the baseboards were reinstalled. It was messy but using a chisel to chop away a 1/4 inch of floor at each end worked well, and it was easy to do. The rough edges is covered by the baseboard once it goes back on.

Paul

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: