pro's and con's of Laminated floors

Old 03-08-00, 07:20 PM
Visiting Guest
We are redoing a house built in 1970. concrete floor. I was told not to put any wood floors in the house because any water will just ruin them. ( Thinking of putting them in bedrooms and living room. )
Have also seen were people used acid of somekind on concrete to look like marble. Whats up with that. Witch would you suggest. Yes we are doing this ourself. I have a friend who is in the tile bus. and is going to get me started with the wood floors if we do them. Thanks Rodney

Sponsored Links
Old 03-09-00, 04:08 PM
Visiting Guest
Hi Rodney:

Obviously the people that have commented on the reliability of laminate floors hasen't researched the product before voicing an opinion.

As long as the floor is installed properly, water won't be a problem especially in the intended areas. However, make sure you get very specific instructions concerning the installation of the flooring. Too much glue and you'll end up with gaps in the flooring. Too little and you won't have sealed the joints properly.

Don't purchase laminate based on price only. If you budget allows, get the most expensive product. It will have a better surface and will stand up much longer. I would look for flooring with a 20 year warranty.

Ted

Old 03-10-00, 04:01 AM
Visiting Guest
Rodney:
Ted is right. My question is why was water on the floor mentioned ? Are you in a flood plain ?

------------------
Jack the Contractor

Old 03-10-00, 08:40 PM
Visiting Guest
No I am not in a flood zone. I was told that wood floors like that are not a good floor. I have had others tell me that they are good floors. Just when I am going to have it in 3 bedrooms and a living room I wanted to make sure I was not making a mistake. I know that it would not be good for a bathroom, but wanted to double check for other rooms.
Thanks Rodney