Laminate/Hardwood flooring vs vinal

Old 08-06-00, 10:14 AM
Visiting Guest
Wink

We recently had some water damage on our vinal flooring and have to put in a new floor. I have two small children who spill, scuff and stain everything they touch. I am not sure what would be the best way to go in this situation. We are planning on selling the house within the next two years, so I would like flooring which would help with the resale value (I like the way the woods--hardwood, pergo, wilsonart look). However, I need something very durable, that can stand up to my children. Any suggestions?

Old 08-06-00, 05:05 PM
Visiting Guest
Hardwood will add alot more value to your house than laminate. Laminate will be alot more scratch/dent resistant than hardwood. If adding value to your home is your bibgest priority, and you're going to be out of there in two years, you could wait until right before you put the house on the market to put a wood floor in. It'll be brand new for the sale. In the mean time you could install some inexpensive vinyl. If you want something nice now that will still look pretty good after a two year beating, the laminate floor is going to be the ticket.

Scott www.stephensfloor.com

Old 08-10-00, 08:58 PM
Visiting Guest
mannington and armstrong both have vinyl flooring that looks like hardwood flooring. We had the mannington installed in our bathroom because the rest of our house has hardwood flooring. It really looks good. I can't remember the name of the vinyl, but I believe both brands have several different shades. This might be an option for you.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: