Slate Floor Removal

Old 08-19-00, 07:38 AM
Visiting Guest
We have a slate floor in our entrance hall. It is about 120 square feet. We are wanting to put a laminate wood floor in its place. My question is what is the best way to remove the slate floor. The floor has been down since the house was built 23 years ago. I am liking to know the best and quickest way to remove the floor. Was wondering your guess how long it would take.

Any help would be of great assistance.

Old 08-20-00, 11:07 PM
Visiting Guest
Are you married? If you are wait till the day when you are in no win situation and you build your emotions inside. She will be so mad to she will leave the house. After she goes grab the sludge hammer and hit the floor. see what happens. How many pieces or whole tiles came up? Did it feel like it will never come up or it just poped up? If it was real solid. 120 sqft, 4 hours. Poped up 1 hour. Test you don't damage the subfloor with the sledge. When your wife comes back home you will be better... Trust me....

Old 08-23-00, 06:55 PM
Visiting Guest
quote:<HR>Originally posted by pleandra@hotmail.com:
Are you married? If you are wait till the day when you are in no win situation and you build your emotions inside. She will be so mad to she will leave the house. After she goes grab the sludge hammer and hit the floor. see what happens. How many pieces or whole tiles came up? Did it feel like it will never come up or it just poped up? If it was real solid. 120 sqft, 4 hours. Poped up 1 hour. Test you don't damage the subfloor with the sledge. When your wife comes back home you will be better... Trust me....<HR>

Your are a real comedian, if there is anybody who is serious can help, I would appreciate it.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: