measures and quality

Old 08-24-00, 10:11 AM
Visiting Guest
Question

My first question is; what is the best way to accuratley measure the area of a room for laminate flooring????
The second question is, did anyone installed Tundra laminate floor from Ikea, if so what do you think of it???
Thanx

Old 08-24-00, 10:16 AM
Visiting Guest
I had floor area with 28 separate changes in wall direction, many of which were not 90 degrees. I made a scale drawing in a PC graphics package and it told me the square feet. The resulting readout matched exactly the amount of flooring I used to cover it.

Do you have a drawing package for a PC that will do this?

Old 08-24-00, 09:11 PM
Visiting Guest
John, so how many boxes, er, I mean planks did you have left over?

If you're a low tech guy like me you can just measure the square footage and add 7% for waste. If the room is really chopped up you can go a little fatter on the waste.

Scott Stephens www.stephensfloor.com

Old 08-25-00, 07:39 AM
Visiting Guest
I found that there was almost zero waste in installing the hardwood. I was using factory-assembled lengths of 6 to 7 feet (2.25" wide). When I was finished, all I had left was three scraps, each 6" long. I had used down to the very last board in the very last box (out of 25 boxes of 21 square feet each). My drawing package said I had 520 square feet to do. Isn't that amazing!

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: