Tundra laminate floor

Old 08-27-00, 11:03 AM
Visiting Guest
Exclamation

Hi I want to know how Tundra laminate floor from Ikea stands to Pergo's in term of quality and price and ease of installation???
I already posted this question before, what is the most accurate way to measure the area of a room for a laminate flooring, geometerically speaking???

Old 08-28-00, 08:13 AM
Visiting Guest
There's a post on this topic daring from 8/14 you may want to check out.

To figure square footage, measure length x width and add 7%, or so, for waste. Add a little more for diagonal layout or if the areas are very chopped up. Measuring jobs is as much an art as a science. You have to do a few to get a feel for how close you can cut it on material.

Scott Stephens www.stephensfloor.com

Old 08-28-00, 08:32 AM
Visiting Guest
Measuring is a problem in high school geometry. If you're room is rectangular or nearly so, the width times length works fine (e.g., a 12'x15' room is 180 square feet). If you room is some other shape, try to divide it up into rectangles and figure them separately -- add the results. If your room has triangles, geometry tells us that the area of a triangle is one half base times height (e.g., a right triangle 6 feet by 6 feet is 18 square feet). If your room has some other shapes, estimate the closes rectangle that is approximately the same size.

Does this help, or do you have some problem I don't understand? E.g., are you asking what to measure with (a steel tape measure), or where to measure (wall to wall), or ???

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: