Buying wood floors,, HD or online

Old 10-17-05, 08:00 AM
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
Buying wood floors,, HD or online

Hi, HD is having a 20% off special order wood floors and since all their engineer woods are special ordre thats basically 20% off.. They don't have a great variety to pick from though.. Would that be a better buy or buying online from a place like www.floorone.com. Since I don't know much about wood I don't know which brand or what makes for good quality.

Old 10-17-05, 09:12 AM
D
Received 2 Upvotes on 2 Posts
I would definitely go with something you like and not just b/c it's on sale. I've thot of that 2 but I really wanted something I would love 2 go home 2 and walk all over on 'em! I just bought from FloorOne last week so we'll see how that goes. I am still skeptic about the purchase b/c it was online...actually over the phone b/c their website wasn't exactly accurate when u try the estimated calculation thing for the other parts you need like the Combifloor (vapor barrier thing) and video...it said I needed 69 videos and the combifloor was off by 1 roll...anyway...so far so good...so we'll see! So far the service has been good...I'm just waiting for the receiving and shipping part. If you do it online just make sure you use a credit card that way you have 30 days...

Just my opinion!

Old 10-17-05, 07:03 PM
My vote is go window shopping, and then buy on-line!!!
You'll see what I mean.

HD has products manufacturered just for them because they are so big, same with Lowe's. They are usually in the low, budget, to almost midgrade, to meet a price point.

Watchout out for the brand "B" products. They can be budget, unless it is Studio B.

Old 10-18-05, 12:06 AM
I saw someone's post abotu floorshop.com having good prices so will check them out... My budget for the wood floors themselves is around the $4-4.8 per square foot. Can I expect good quality or is this going to be the "budget" route you're talking about?

I was thinking of the Kahrs's Woodloc, Award 3stripclick, or Barlink clicks. Just sent for samples of those. I know you guys dont do brand discussion but are these of the decent qualities.. The things I looked for was thickness of at least 1/2".

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: