Pergo Install Questions

Old 11-10-05, 03:37 PM
ronmac
Visiting Guest
Pergo Install Questions

3 of the living room walls' sheetrock does not go all the way down to the floor and only 1 wall does. If you put the 1/4" spacers on the 3 walls, the void ends up being like a 1/2" or more on 3 sides and it will only be 1/4" on the 4th wall where the sheetrock touches the subfloor. Is that confusing or can you understand it??? I want to make sure the floor will not shift and end up leaving a gap on the one wall with only the 1/4" space.

Also, if my living room connects to a hallway and I am Pergo'ing that too. The run is just about 30 feet from the far living room wall to the end of the hallway. I heard 25 to 30 feet needs a T-moulding. I do not want the floor to look funny with this piece in it, but I also do not want the floor to buckle. What do you suggest?

Sponsored Links
Old 11-10-05, 06:58 PM
D'Olier
Visiting Guest
Sheetrock

I had a similar problem. All the sheetrock in the room I did stopped about 1/2 an inch above the floor but the 'wall' in underneath that was uneven. So, when I shoved my spacers in under the sheetrock, sometimes they would go all the way in; other times, they'd stick out. I used different sized spacers which and judgement to get it to work. Eventually it did but it certainly made things more difficult than they should have been.

Old 11-09-08, 08:35 AM
Thumbs up

Jan 2008 we shopped/compared pricing on real wood and laminate flooring for our much used/abused gameroom. After much research we went with seal-n-lock from Sam's. It was about half the price of real wood. We installed it ourselves (my husband and bro) They struggle on the first two or three rows, but once they got it to lay still and got the general jist of it, flew through. The flooring comes with it's own rubber backing (one less thing to buy) and we used painters plastic cover, vs the $80.00 plastic roll covering they offer. Saving another $60 bucks.
So after 10 months are we happy?? Oh yes, we made the right choice for us. We have loads of teens running through, a rotti with pointy toe nails and a sectional couch with big football guys jumping on. Spills, crumbs and furniture sliding all over the place, the floor looks great. Not a scratch on it. I sweep it and damp mop every now and then, and it still looks brand new. Frankly, I think it almost indestructable.