Traffic Master Laminated floor and desk chair

Old 11-18-05, 08:33 PM
denisl
Visiting Guest
Traffic Master Laminated floor and desk chair

I just installed laminants in my computer room. I have a desk chair with wheels, normal size casters about 2" diamater. These laminants appear to be pretty tough..

Should I get a chair mat? I'd rather not but if I have to I will..

Thanks.

Old 11-19-05, 09:35 AM
D
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
stepping on the chair mat may be a little like ice skating.

Old 11-19-05, 09:49 AM
denisl
Visiting Guest
So these laminants shouldn't wear out from the casters rolling around?

If not then what should I do if I can't use a chair mat?

Old 11-21-05, 11:25 AM
D
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I think you can use a chair mat...why not? Just make sure it has a rubber bottom or whatever u call it so it doesn't slide around either.

Also I've seen at HD they have replacer wheels for those chairs so it would be ok for the floor...check 'em out. I dunno if your existing wheels are already like that but on a personal level I would go with a mat...for "just in case". It should be in that isle w/padding for under furniture stuff.

Old 11-21-05, 11:52 AM
i think the floor will hold up fine from rolling wheels. the finish on TM laminate IS very durable. we had it in our kitchen/dining room.

Old 11-21-05, 06:59 PM
I have seen the plastic wheels on kids toys scratch some laminates. Micro scratching is another issue. I bet the area where the chair always rolls, gets really dull looking.

Old 12-06-05, 08:45 AM
DamonL
Visiting Guest
Be Careful

We have Alloc floor with a "Lifetime" warranty. It is in my office and the dealer, Hilton Supply and Design, knew where it was going. They failed to mention that there should always be a protector under the rolling wheels. So now after approximately six months of use I am starting to notice dull spots where the wheels roll. The dealer is giving me a hard time because they are saying that I should have asked about rolling chairs.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: